The site "Houseboat and Apartment Hotel" gives landlords the possibility to advertise their property. We take the privacy of the landlords and tenants very seriously and we will, under no circumstances, distribute any information to others except to both parties. All the accommodations on this site are privately owned.
Each property owner or manager is responsible for his/her accommodation and the presentation/information on this website. The stars are just an indication, given by the property holders themselves. They are not official.
In case of complaints regarding your accommodation, you have to deal with your host(ess) or manager directly, during your stay. We can't refund any money by hindsight that belongs (and is send) to the property holders. Of course you can always appeal to us for mediation (only during your stay).
- To guarantee your reservation we would like to receive a down payment of 35% + tourist tax + service fee for the use of this platform, by credit card or bank transfer, which is not refundable in case of cancellation except for the tourist tax. The down payment for bookings for 2 nights is 50% and bookings for 1 night 100% which is not refundable by cancellations except for the tourist tax. You'll find the account in the letter of confirmation. The payment has to be done on the secure payment website Docdata Payments. Visa and Euromaster are accepted.
Attention! our cancellation policy is not negotiable. We advise you to take out travel insurance in your own country!
- The balance of 65% has to be paid upon arrival. It is however possible to pay the whole amount beforehand at once, by credit card. We ask your understanding that the extra banking costs of 2% for the balance payment are at your expense.
- There is a 100% amount due of the reservation by cancellation within 1 week before arrival day 18.00 o'clock.
- Balance payment: only cash money can be accepted. Private persons are not allowed to accept credit cards or traveller cheques.
- It is not possible to adjust rates when you change the number of persons halfway through your stay. Your booking has to be for the maximum number of persons during your stay, also if the number of persons decreases after a few days.
- Please note that the price includes all taxes. However, some of the poperty owners ask an ID or a deposit in cash above the balance payment. This is totally refundable on your day of departure, less the expenses of any possible damage(s). You can check the "details" of your accommodation to check this out.
Conditions in general:
On most accommodations smoking is only allowed on the balcony or deck. This has to do with fire hazard. Please check the details of your chosen accommodation. Drugs (also soft) are never allowed.
- Some accommodations lie in a quiet environment, in nature or close to other boats or apartments. We have to ask the guests to show some courtesy to their neighbours.
- Only in case of permission of your host(ess) one may receive other persons than the ones (or number of persons) agreed on in the reservation form.
- Check-in is always after 3 p.m., check-out is before 11 a.m..
- Everyone would be grateful if you keep and leave the accommodations properly (not leaving the dishes etc.) and if you let the host(ess) know immediately if there is any damage. Then he/she can replace things, before new guests arrive.
Before you book, we would like you to know that:
- the houseboats and most of the apartments are not accessible for
physically challenged individuals (stairs, gangways) or older people.
- most boats are NOT SAFE for young children, especial when they can't
swimm! And also not all apartments are safe (think of stairs, etc.).
Please ask us first for advice email@example.com .
Insurance: - we advice you to take out a cancellation- and travel insurance. The property owners have a third party insurance but that doesn't cover theft or damage to your personal things. A travel insurance will also cover the costs by cancellation!
Dutch law shall govern the contract between Houseboat and Apartment Hotel and client. All disputes shall be heard solely by the qualified court in Amsterdam, even when client is established abroad and a treaty arrangement would recognize a foreign court as qualified, unless parties agree otherwise.
Disclaimer: Although we do our utmost best to ensure that all information provided on this website is accurate, we cannot guarantee that all information is comprehensive and error-free nor can we be held responsible for interruptions or non-delivery of information.
House-Boat Hotel, September 1998