The site "House-Boat Hotel" gives houseboat owners in Amsterdam the opportunity to advertise houseboats and B & B's on boats and to enable tourists to book a houseboat in Amsterdam, hereafter referred to as tenants and landlords. The offered houseboats are all in private possession.
We take privacy very seriously and will under no circumstances share data from anyone who uses this site, with third parties.
Every provider of temporary housing (landlord) is responsible for his property and the presentation thereof on this site. The stars are indicative and granted by the landlords themselves. There is no official quality mark for houseboats and bed and breakfast accommodations.
Possible disputes must be discussed by a tenant with the landlord directly, during his stay. Of course, the landlord and tenant(s) can count on our mediation when both parties do not come together. Since the rent, which has already been paid in advance by the tenant, is forwarded to the landlord, it is not possible to ask the manager / owner of this site for a refund afterwards.
- The payments are handled securely by Stripe.com, or through a bank, financial institutions that are separate from this website.
- In order to guarantee a reservation, a deposit of 35% of the total amount due of the reservation is requested to the tenant, plus tourist tax and a reservation fee. This deposit is not returned on cancellation except the tourist tax.
- The entire bill must be paid two weeks before arrival.
- The price includes tourist tax, service costs and cleaning. Some landlords require a deposit in the form of money or an ID, which details are on the pages. The deposit will be returned on the day of departure if no damage needs to be settled.
The down payment of 35% + fee will not be refunded if canceled. The tourist tax is refundable.
Cancellation two weeks before arrival:
The total amount of the booking is due in case of a cancellation two weeks or less before arrival (max. 336 hours calculated from the arrival day 15.00). The tourist tax is refundable.
It is not possible to negotiate the cancellation policy even though the reason for cancellation is serious. We are bound to an agreement with the houseboat owners. We advise you to take out a good cancellation insurance.
House rules and general conditions:
- It is not possible to adjust the rates when a tenant changes the number of persons during his / her stay. The booking must relate to the maximum number of people during the stay, even if the number of people decreases.
- Smoking is only allowed on the balcony or in the garden, also for everyone's safety. Certainly boats are very vulnerable and flammable and they are often close together. There are exceptions: (see "details" for the houseboat you selected). Drugs (also soft) are never permitted.
- Some houseboats are in a quiet natural environment or close to other boats. We request tenants to take into account the neighbors. Of course this also applies to a hotel boat or room.
- Only with the express permission of the lessor is it allowed to receive other people (or other number of people) than for which is reserved in the rented accommodation.
- Check-in is always after 3 p.m., check-out is before 11 a.m..
- The intention is that tenants leave the houseboats clean (not leave dishes etc.). The landlord can charge extra costs in case more needs to be cleaned than can be expected after a short stay.
In case the tenant(s) does not comply with the house rules, the landlord can request the tenant(s) to leave in the event of a serious violation, without the tenant being entitled to a refund of the rent already paid.
Before you book, we would like you to know that:
the houseboats are not accessible for physically challenged individuals (stairs, gangways)
Most boats are NOT SAFE for young children, especial when they can't swim! Please ask our advice first firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance: we recommend to take out a travel insurance. The landlords have a third-party insurance but that doesn't cover theft or damage to your personal things. A good travel insurance will also cover the costs by cancellation!
Dutch law shall govern the contract between House-Boat Hotel and client. All disputes shall be heard solely by the qualified court in Amsterdam, even when client is established abroad and a treaty arrangement would recognize a foreign court as qualified, unless parties agree otherwise.
Disclaimer: Although we do our utmost best to ensure that all information provided on this website is accurate, we cannot guarantee that all information is comprehensive and error-free nor can we be held responsible for interruptions or non-delivery of information.
House-Boat Hotel, September 1998