The website "House-Boat Hotel" gives landlords the possibility to advertise their property. We take the privacy of the hosts and tenants very seriously and we will, under no circumstances, distribute any information to others except to both parties. All the accommodations on this site are privately owned.
Each property owner or manager is responsible for his/her accommodation and the presentation/information on this website. The stars are just an indication, given by the property holders themselves. They are not official.
If you have a complaint regarding your accommodation, you have to deal with your host(ess) or manager directly, during your stay. We can't refund any money by hindsight that belongs (and is send) to the property holders. Of course you can always appeal to us for mediation (only during your stay).
- To guarantee your reservation we would like to receive the total amount (incl. tourist tax + service fee) at least 2 weeks before arrival. You can pay by credit card or bank transfer. You'll find the account in the letter of confirmation. The credit card payments are handled securely by our payment partner Stripe.com
- Please note that the price includes all (cleaning, fee, tax). However, some of the poperty owners ask an ID or a deposit in cash on top of the rent. This amount is fully refundable on your day of departure, less the expenses of any possible damage(s). You can check the "details" of your accommodation to check this out.
- We keep the payment with us until after the check-in, regardless of when it is booked (tomorrow or next year) before we transfer it to the landlord. Tenant and host(ess) can first check if the expectation is met.
Cancellation policy. !
- We will refund the total amount guests paid, minus 35% + reservation fee, if a cancellation is made at least 14 days before the day of arrival.
- There is a 100% amount due of the reservation by cancellation within 2 weeks before arrival day.
- It is not possible to adjust rates when you change the number of persons halfway through your stay. Your booking has to be for the maximum number of persons during your stay, also if the number of persons decreases after a few days.
The cancellation policy is not negotiable, we have an agreement with the owners. We ask you, before you completed your booking, to agree with these conditions above too. We recommend to take a good travel insurance.
On most accommodations smoking is only allowed on the balcony or deck. Smoking inside the accommodations is prohibited, because it is a fire hazard. Please check the details of your chosen accommodation. Drugs (also soft such as marihuana) are never allowed.
- Some accommodations are moored in a quiet environment, in nature or close to other boats or apartments. We have to ask the guests to show some courtesy to their neighbours.
- Only if you have explicit permission of your host(ess) one may receive other persons than the ones (or number of persons) agreed on in the reservation form.
Check-in is always after 3 p.m., check-out is before 11 a.m..
We would be grateful if you keep and leave the accommodations clean and tidy (for example: do not leave the dishes) and if you let the host(ess) know imme-
diately if there is any damage. Then he/she can replace things, before new guests arrive.
Before you book, we would like you to know that:
the houseboats and most of the apartments are not accessible for physically challenged individuals (stairs, gangways) or older people.
Most boats are NOT SAFE for young children, especial when they can't swim! And not all apartments are safe either (think of stairs, etc.) for children. Please ask our advice first email@example.com .
Insurance: we recommend you to take out a cancellation- and travel insurance. The property owners have a third-party insurance but that doesn't cover theft or damage to your personal things. A good travel insurance will also cover the costs by cancellation!
Dutch law shall govern the contract between House-Boat Hotel and client. All disputes shall be heard solely by the qualified court in Amsterdam, even when client is established abroad and a treaty arrangement would recognize a foreign court as qualified, unless parties agree otherwise.
Disclaimer: Although we do our utmost best to ensure that all information provided on this website is accurate, we cannot guarantee that all information is comprehensive and error-free nor can we be held responsible for interruptions or non-delivery of information.
House-Boat Hotel, September 1998